Pages

Rolla's Battery Got Discharged

Yesterday my car battery failed on me.  I forgot to turn off my headlights last night while I was at work.  When I tried starting my car I couldn't hear a noise or even a click to let me know that current is flowing.

Lo' and behold, it won't start.  I started looking for someone who has a jumper cable so that I could start it up but my searching failed.  Luckily one of my former NAM team mates Brian Arica had his car parked right in front of mine, I hurriedly call my brother-in-law to teach me what should I do.

He told me that I need to get a good known working battery, Brian has a 2SMF while I have 1SNF.  He told me to tap connect my wires to the correct poles and start the car.  It worked like a charm, next thing he told me to do is to remove the positive wire and make sure that it won't contact/ touch any metal part for this would cause a short circuit.  After removing the positive wire I then removed the negative wire and reconnected them red/ positive comes first and soon enough I was heading back home.

Right after changing my outfit I immediately took the car battery to our good old battery charging friend for Php 60.00 they charged it all up and it is now working. 

In case you would like to know more about Car Batteries and how it gets discharged feel free to visit the following links:

0 comments:

Post a Comment