Pages

PLDT Customer Service Experience Part 1

Last Monday, July 19 my wife and I went to PLDT Business Office in Rosario, Cavite to file for service/ phone transfer.  I filled up a form and was told that it would take 2-3 working days for my service to be transferred.  The person that I spoke with didn't bother explaining to me the other boxes that she checked on the form.  I was told that I will be billed for Php 1,100.00 if I will be transferring my service and Php 2,300.00 if I will be using my mom's active phone for it to have DSL.  I opted to use the first option since it is much more cheaper and it will be included on my bill.

I made a follow-up call last July 22 and talked to Rino Del Rosario and was treated badly.  I went ahead and searched for all the PLDT e-mail addresses that I can find on the internet.  See my e-mail below:

22 July 2010

To Whom It May Concern:

Good day!

I wrote this letter to let you know what happened to me when I used 171 to reach PLDT Customer Care.  Last Monday, July 19 I went to your PLDT Rosario Cavite Business Office to have my current service be transferred to a different house which is around 20~30 steps away from the one that I reside.  I was told that I have to pay Php 1,100.00 and this will be entered thru my bill.  I asked them if I could use my Mom's active phone instead, they said that I have to shell out Php 2,300.00.  Left without any choice I opted to have my current phone be transferred.  I was told that the process would take 2-3 working days.

Today at exactly 8:30AM, I dialed 171 and after 5 attempts it finally proceeded with the answering system.  After waiting for about 5 minutes someone from the other line answered it.  His name was Rino Del Rosario.  His doesn't sound joyous and helpful it seems that he was tired answering phone calls.  I sensed that he'd like to finish the call without explaining to me what needs to be done or what is going on.  I told him that I've called in to follow up with the service request and told him my story.  He told me that it would now take 2-3 weeks, he told me that it is the policy and that my request has been forwarded to the LINEMEN already.  I asked him if I will be billed and he said that per my request it was a simultaneous transfer which I was not aware of.  I told him that when I applied for the request the person who assisted me didn't asked me about it.  I was never asked nor did the person explained to me the difference.  He told me that all that he can do is to submit a request and I need to go back to the business office to have it changed.  Wow!  What a great system/CRM tool you have in place.  Even transferring from one department to the other is a headache.  Knowing that you guys are Telecoms expert, you do not have this technology or process in place.

Now what irritates me is his behavior towards a customer.  I hope I am the only who suffered this with Rino Del Rosario.  He put me on hold twice, I guess I was put on "mute" because I didn't here any kind of background music.  Another negative points for that rep.  I asked him to get me any supervisor that is available on the floor.  He put me on hold and then went back with a name.  He told me that the name of his supervisor is Melai De Dios, and that the she is currently engaged on another call and that all that he can do is to get my contact details.  I told him that there should be another supervisor on the floor, he told me that it is for a different department.  Please do not tell me that you only have one team leader to support a very big team.  I know for a fact that there could be 3 or more team leader/ supervisor available.  This is were I got fed up with Rino,  I asked him to give me the name of Melai's supervisor or manager.  He told me, "Pangalan po ng supervisor?".  Then all that I heard was the tone that HE HANGED UP ON ME.  He didn't bother calling me back I know for a fact that on my service request/ application form and correspondence I have other phone numbers listed.

Rino Del Rosario was arrogant, eager to release the call, he raised his voice while talking to me.  I can feel and sense from the way he talked to me.  Instead of being a happy customer and accepting the fact that I need to wait for another 3 weeks I felt agitated and angry and would like to get back with him.  Is this what kind of customer service you guys provide?

I hope you can fix the billing issue, I was told that I will never be billed since I am requesting for transfer.  I hope that you guys can take action with my request to be transferred.  I hope you guys get back with Rino Del Rosario and Melai De Dios and teach them how to handle customers.  Create a systems/ software that are linked together, improve your PABX system, get more reps to answer the phone calls.  I would like to hear from you the soonest possible time.

In case that you do not believe that I have an account with you, my details are listed below.

Account Phone Number:  046 43X XXXX
Alternate Phone Numbers:  0928 XXX XXXX or 046 43X XXXX
E-mail:  jbprofeta@yahoo.com

Service Request/ Order Number:  2335398 (this number was given to me by Rino Del Rosario)

I hope that my voice/ concern can be heard by the PLDT Management.  I know that I am only a residential customer and you wouldn't loose millions if I back out from my service.  But please let my voice be heard.
 
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

JonPro
*** Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

0 comments:

Post a Comment